Friday, September 21, 2007

SMOKING GUN !

I found this fascinating photo of my mother Madeleine, she was a fleet street journalist in the heady era of 'check book journalism ', I have no idea what this strange picture was connected to but I imagine that she was probably writing an article of how woman had become sophisticated smoking in bars and flaunting their new found freedom ! I can also imagine that since she had to rush the article for the Sunday press she used herself for a model and probably charged the newspaper the expenses !!! I really have no idea but I love this, today naughty image !

3 comments:

Tyla said...

This is an exquisite photograph! As we get older ourselves, it seems easier to forgive our mothers... and even accept them. Not that we want to be just like them....Accepting them seems right, though. I am very much looking forward to seeing you soon. Got the peanut butter for Nicky...anything for you? And help on Giuseppe's birthday gift!!!!!
Baci,Tyla

maika said...

Tyla, did you get my email that I sent to you, I am not sure that I have written the right address, it is mparris@getnet.it I can't wait to see you,will tell you what I need if you email me, at that address, how are things !!!! baci Mike

Charles Lambert said...

Great photo!

It's a good thing Giuseppe doesn't look at blogs....