Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Winter Blues


Oh Christmas is so over, and now we are braving January which is a month I detest , its gloomy , the skies are grey, my friends are all hibernating trying to recover from all the overeating .
The decorations have to be taken down and the flat looks miserable and neglected . one feels like escaping but it is impossible.
However let me reflect on the good things about last year I will make a list and cheer myself up


1 Liz's wedding, (so romantic !)

2. Dominic's wedding, (So much fun !)

3 Meeting Tyla

4 Getting interviewed at the Rome Gay pride even though I'm straight !


5 My friend Charles winning the O Henry Prize 2007 for short stories,

6 That day in Dublin with Nicky,

7 Giuseppe's birthday party,

8 Taking the Irish around Rome,

9. Taking the Australians around Rome ,

10 My new second hand car ,

11 Spending time this summer with my weird, wonderful, fighting family!

12. Venice with Anne

13. Receiving a very special gift in the bank !

14 Christmas day with Sally and Giuseppe in front of a wonderful roast fire

15 Meeting Roy and being dragged all over to see war memorials !


There ! feel better already !!!!

4 comments:

I am my own Leading Lady said...

I miss you!
XO Tyla

Barbara said...

Hi Michaela, do you remember us? My mum used to look after your mothers flat in Dolphin Square and you and I spent a lot of time together. My mum is 86 now and often wonders what became of Madeleine and her children but you especially because we knew you so well. It'd be great to hear news of you all,best wishes Barbara Mates

maika said...

Barbara how wonderful to hear from you, gosh what a shock I would love to get in touch with you and your mother, I have so many memories of your house , where I spent a lot of my childhood,I have your photo of when you were at Madeleine wedding, please get in touch mparris@getnet.it and a big kiss to your Mother

maika said...

Barbara mates, i have lost your email address would love to contact you Mike