Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Valentine snippet !


"I want to kiss you in the shadows of the Colosseum,

and whisper sweet words to you

conveyed by roman winds "!



These words were sent to me in a love letter , by Antonio, (who I'd met on holiday ) I was aged fifteen at the time and I was a spotty teenager and my teeth were slightly prominent , the letter was sent to my all girl boarding school and caused great amazement and admiration from my school friends . I shrugged my shoulders and acted very cool but I was stupefied , because I knew that Antonio didn't speak one word of English !

I have since spent thirty years in Rome, we might have brushed passed each other on the bus or the train but I never saw him again, but today I would like to thank him and his romantic translator !

No comments: